Badminton is a fun sport if you want something easy that can keep you healthy and active. With simple rules, anyone can join in the fun. Badminton gear is light enough to take along with you on vacation so can even enjoy a few quick games while on holiday.
The only downside is that badminton shuttlecocks never seem to last very long, and it can be pretty hard to keep track of these tiny birdies. They can get lost so fast and sometimes it seems like you barely blink and you are all out of shuttlecocks.
If you need a few new shuttlecocks to fill your kit then you are in the right place.
We are now going to review some of the best shuttlecocks to buy right now if you want to up your game and outperform the competition.
The 6 Best Badminton Shuttlecocks To Buy Right Now
Badminton is a popular sport and many companies produce gear for this fun game. But not all badminton are created alike. Some are made of higher quality materials than others to enhance their durability while some are designed specifically to increase or decrease flight speed so you can have more control over your game. Here is a quick look at some of the best shuttlecocks to buy right now.
This 12 pack of shuttlecocks by Zhenan is ideal for those who want a large bulk pack that is affordable, durable and will last them a long while.
These yellow shuttlecocks are made of durable compressed cork and nylon. The nylon feathers enhance the durability of these shuttlecocks while the compressed cork ball increases offer high-speed hits during gameplay.
The set also comes with a reusable tube where you can store these birdies safely and makes for convenient traveling since you can simply grab the tube and go.
- The shuttlecocks are affordable
- Lots of shuttlecocks included in the pack
- They are made of quality compressed cork and nylon
- Nylon shuttlecocks typically last longer compared to feather
- Bright yellow is easy to spot in the air
- Perfect for beginning or training
- Reusable container included to keep birdies stored
- Not designed for tournament play
If you prefer a smaller birdie pack for casual or beginner gameplay then this set by Champion Sports can be a good investment. The white nylon birdies are highly durable and the construction is ideal for training. This birdie pack is also quite affordable, and the reusable storage container makes it very easy to take your birdies along when you travel.
The handling of these birdies are average and they offer a smooth flight which makes it much easier to hit your target while still learning to play badminton.
- The shuttlecocks are relatively affordable
- Nylon shuttlecocks are more durable
- These are great for beginners or average gameplay
- Made of quality materials
- A reusable tube is included so you can store your birdies when not in use
- A good investment for trainers
- Not designed for advance for tournament play
If you prefer goose feather birdies then this bulk pack by Philonext is the ideal investment. These birdies are made from quality compressed cork and goose feathers. You can get them in white or black. The goose feathers result in a birdie that is ultra-light and these shuttlecocks do offer a smooth and even flight.
The birdies are ideal for beginners and trainers who go through a lot of birdies every season. They are also good for tournament players who prefer something super light.
- The birdies are quite affordable
- Large 12 pc pack will last you a very long time
- You can choose from two different colors
- The feather birdies are super light
- These shuttlecocks are made of durable materials
- They are perfect for casual gaming and beginners
- Storage container included
- Goose feather birdies are not as durable as nylon ones
- Not suited for tournament play
This six pack of shuttlecocks by Senston are a good pick if you need a pack of high-speed balls. These shuttlecocks are made of quality nylon and cork. They are ideal for casual play and can certainly be used by beginners or families for casual gameplay.
If you need a good set to fill your badminton kit, then this would be perfect for you.
- The birdies are relatively affordable
- Made of quality nylon and cork materials
- The nylon birdies last longer compared to other types
- They are perfect for medium-speed games
- Perfect for beginner to advanced gaming
- The bright yellow I easy to spot in the sky
- No storage container included
Professionals that need a medium-speed badminton shuttlecock should consider this 6 or 12 pack by Yonex. These shuttlecocks are available in white or yellow. They are designed with durable cork with nylon wings and the balanced balls on these shuttlecocks are ideal for offering a smoother flight pattern.
The cork balls on these are weighted which slows down the speed just a little bit. Still, these shuttlecocks are 0.008 seconds faster compared to average shuttlecocks. And if you want something with even more speed then you can always look out for the high-speed shuttlecocks by Yonex.
These shuttlecocks come in a handy storage tube that is also ideal for transportation. The container also ensures that your shuttlecocks will be stored correctly to prevent them from becoming off-balanced.
- Quality shuttlecocks are ideal for tournament play
- You can get them in yellow and white
- Faster than average shuttlecocks by 0.008 seconds
- Different types to choose from based on your environment
- Nylon shuttlecocks are more durable than feather types
- Comes with a reusable storage tube
- They are a bit pricier than average shuttlecocks
- Need to be stored right side up to keep the birdies in good condition
If you love bright colored shuttlecocks then this set by Franklin Sports can be a good pick. They come in a variety pack that includes light blue, yellow, and bright blue. These shuttlecocks are made of durable cork and nylon. They are ideal for beginners, casual gaming and can even be used for competitive playing.
The pack is terrific for filling your badminton stock and they are well balanced and highly durable. They are however not the best pick for elite tournament gaming.
- The birdies are very affordable
- Made of quality nylon and cork
- The nylon shuttlecocks typically last longer than feather
- Perfect for beginner or casual gaming
- The variety pack includes three different colors
- These are slow speed birdies which are ideal for beginners
- No storage container included
With so many quality birdies to choose from, it can be tough to decide on the best shuttlecocks to buy. If you are having a tough time choosing the best then perhaps this quick buying guide can help you decide on the best set based on your need:
The Best Bulk Packs
You will be surprised at just how fast you can run out of shuttlecocks if you are a regular badminton player. It can be hard to keep track of these tiny birdies, and many sportsmen and women love to share their gear to help out a fellow badminton lover. Bulk packs are always good to have at hand if you are a frequent player. The bulk pack by Zhenan is a good buy because they are so affordable and they are designed for high-speed gaming. You can also look into buying the 12 pack by Yonex but these are a bit pricier since they are designed for tournament play.
The Best Goose Feather Pack
If you prefer a birdie that is extremely light and made of natural materials then you should go for the bulk pack by Philonext. These are made of quality goose feathers and you can get them in either black or white.
The Best Small Pack
Small packs are sometimes easier to grab and go, especially if you prefer to travel to sports fields with just a simple duffle bag. The best small packs are the set by Champion sports since these are affordable and perfect for casual gaming. You can also pick up a 6 pack by Yonex if you prefer something more advanced. The packs by Franklin Sports and Sentson are also good picks but they do not come with the durable carry tube.
The Most Colorful
Bright colored shuttlecocks can sometimes be easier to spot flying through the air than your average white or black shuttlecocks. If you prefer playing with vivid colored birdies then we recommend the sets by Zhenan, Sentson, or Franklin Sports. These are all bright colored and easy to spot when they are flying through the air.
The Best for Tournament Play
Most of these birdies are perfect for beginners, casual gameplay or for staying fit. But if you are heading out to a tournament,first consider your game strategy. Those who prefer high-speed balls for tournament play should consider the 12 pack by Zhenan. These are quality balls and they come in a bulk set that will last you a long time. If you prefer a medium speed birdie, you can also pick up the set by Yonex Mavis. These are faster than average birdies but are not the high-speed design since the cork isn’t loaded with quite as much weight. The set by Senston can also be a good medium-speed birdie to buy. If you prefer a slow-speed set then you can consider the set by Franklin Sports. These are lighter and offer slower return speeds compared to others.
We do hope that this buying guide helped you find a good pack of shuttlecocks so you can keep your badminton kit stocked and ready for any occasion. And if you are in the market for other badminton gear then we welcome you to check out some of our other buying guides where we compare other top-rated products that you can buy for this exhilarating sport.